The historic First Congregational Church of Scarborough was founded in 1728 and is the oldest church in Scarborough. On June 26th of that year, sixteen men covenanted together to form our church. Later in the year, eight more men and four women joined the church and they began meeting in people’s homes. In 1731, the first of four different church buildings were constructed. In 1892 our present church building came to be. In its 290-year history, our church has had 38 pastors.